Dear ASX Shareholder,
The 2018 financial year (FY18) was another strong year for ASX. Each of our four main businesses grew, with the overall performance driven by higher capital raisings and increased futures trading. Of particular interest to shareholders among the highlights were:
1) A 7.2% increase in total dividends paid compared to the prior financial year, underpinned by year-on-year revenue growth of 7.7%, which was the highest since FY10
2) Significant progress on executing our Stronger Foundations program, which is enhancing ASX's core operating capabilities to ensure ongoing resilience
3) Positive results from our growth initiatives, which are positioning our company for long-term success.
Change of Director's Interest Notice
Trading – Cash Markets (including equities, interest rate and warrant trades)
• In August 2018, the average daily number of trades was 18% higher than the pcp. The average daily value traded on-market of $4.7 billion was up 12% on the pcp.
• Volatility (as measured by the average daily movement in the All Ordinaries Index) was 0.3% in August down on the previous month (0.5%).
• Expected future volatility (as measured by the S&P/ASX 200 VIX) in August was an average of 11.6 (compared to 12.6 in July).